Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Popcorn

Popcorn,
I am really sorry about what happened to you. I didn't really think it would end that way, you know? I mean, when I first looked at your expiration date, I knew you were sort of too old for me. December 2007, wow. But I had high hopes for you. So, I'm sorry that you got thrown out in the end. I'm sorry that you had to suffer an excruciating 2:15 minutes in the microwave, where your innards burst open, only to be thrown out after. I'm sorry that my mom suggested that you might be rancid. I'm sorry that I only ate two pieces of you before pronouncing you chewy. I should've gotten through the whole bag first to make such a judgement. And because of that, you were thrown into the blue bin, and by now you're probably riding around in the garbage truck. So I'm sorry. Its not fair.

No comments: